Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cherry Blossoms all year

Me, my mother and my grandmother are so much like that, when i look in the mirror i see my mothers eyes and lips and my grandmothers hair and face shape. Both their generations i do so very much admire. I know so much about myself from just looking at them and talking , most of all what i do in my spare time. I learned singing, playing music, and crafts from the very women who made me and I'm proud to be one of them. I devolved a true love for clothes and crafts from both of them and just this month i realized that my hands were made for something hah. I have had inspirations in a lot of Bloggers and im happy to share my crafts with you. Here's step by step process of Cherry Blossoms that you can have all year long and feel like you never rally missed spring.

Step One: Gather all materials.
You will need all these materials to help you out. Thick paper and since Cherry Blossoms are pink, I did two different pinks to
Complement each other. You will need
Brands Attaches parisiennes, Antique copper is a good choice. you will also need thick twigs, i picked light ones that had branches coming of the main branch that way it could look like trees. A Knife with a sharp point is needed. Get help if you need it. Last but not least, you will need a paper puncher. They come in all sizes but you can pick how big you want your flowers to be.Tip- Medium is just right. You can get most of these materials at a craft store, home and outside. Tip- don't spend more than 25$

Step Two: Punch
your flower cutter that you have picked, into the paper. Make sure you are not on the edge of the paper for it will cut half of your flower.

Step Three: Once you have your flowers, take your knife and poke a little slit in the middle of you flower. Tip- Have someone help you with the knife, can be tricky, but you'll get the hang out it. Tip- Make sure you have them right in the middle of your flower and don't squeeze the flower to hard.




Step Four: Put the Antique Pins in the slits that you have created with the knife and than in the back of your flower you want to spread the two flaps of the pin slightly apart.





Step Five: Take your branch and hold the flower gently but firm on to your branch and rap the two brass parts around you branches so it stays. Tip- Don't push to hard, depending of how thick your branch is, it could brake. If some are lose than that's OK. You will be putting them on display if you choose to.




Last step, Step Six: Gently bend the flower towards you, so it gets the 3D effect. Now your ready to display them how ever you like. Tip- I put them in a simple clear vase so you can see all the branches in the vase. Another thing you can do is put grass in the bottom of you vase, so it looks like its growing.



Well i hope this Do It Yourself Craft was a good way to bring out a little creativity in you and make you fall in love all over again with Spring. Any questions, don't you dare hesitate heh.

Tip- Don't be scared to put a little you into this craft.

See you next week for a new craft!!!

PS. Let me know if this works out for you all, and let me know if you need help!

No comments:

Post a Comment